Sunday, March 16, 2014

SMOLOV SQUAT

where my wolf pack brethren at?


I have decided to address a very weak link in my routine which is my squat max. I am in the 1,000lbs. club but just barely. The 1,000lbs. club is your max on bench, deadlift, and squat. I owe my membership into that elite club to my deadlift which sits at 510lbs. right now. Im good for 315 on the bench press and then my squat max is usually whatever it takes to throw me on the upside of 1,000lbs.

Ive been turned on to the Smolov Squat Program which is a hellish 13 week program created by some cold blooded Russian who was squatting since he was a fetus. Smolov eventually has you squatting 4 times a week. I am only on day 3 right now and lemme tell you im hurting like never before. The first two weeks are a "warm up" and introduction into squatting hard. In the beginning you squat three days in a row then lunges the rest of the week to "stretch out".  My bitch card may get pulled but not before Im covered in puke at the ER with a prolapsed rectum.


This website above gives you a rundown of exactly what to expect and even provides a fucking awesome spreadsheet. You plug in your numbers into the sheet and it automatically generates your sets and reps for the entire week. Its great to not have to think about what your doing. I just look at the spread and see whats on the table for today. Very Cro Magnon. No think, just lift. *grunt*

This means that I am only doing legs for the next two months more or less. Benchpress, abs, random shoulder workouts, and lots of stretching are thrown in for good measure but from all the reviews I have read from other powerlifters you wont even want to look at anything else in the gym. Your just too tired and too gassed. 

Going to post some progress photos and videos when I'm at the heart of the program. I'm expecting huge results from this. Not only in my legs but also my abs. Ive never had a 6 pack in my life and this may be the closest ill get to it. I enjoy drinking and eating too much to ever make the front 100 pages of Bodybuilding.com's BodySpace. I make no apologies about my social drinking. As much as i love weightlifting and being strong and fit I also enjoy drinking with my bros on the weekends. 

A couple of my Instagram weightlifting bros have also begun this routine. I hope to be able to share their success on this blog in the coming weeks as well.

look were that mirror is at! fucking genius. you only get to see yourself when you get low enough. advanced.





check out that website for the complete rundown. even if this program is not your target its worth giving a read for anyone interested in Squatting.

#realtalk

No comments:

Post a Comment