Sunday, July 6, 2014

WELCOME TO MY FRIDGE (nutrition)

fire walk with me into my kitchen. I tried to get an accurate representation of my fridge on a normal week. so I didn't plan, pose, or hide anything. We do grocery shopping two-three times a week to keep our fruits and vegetables fresh so its not a vegans wet dream in here but know that I eat veggies with every meal made at home.  I am still learning a lot about nutrition on a scientific level. I'm pretty anxious to begin my next semester at school because all four classes are exclusive to biology, nutrition, anatomy, and chemistry. I hope to start incorporating more reasons to eat certain foods instead of recommendations.


this is my random "fruit and veggie" basket. it stays in front of my toaster. here we have bananas, tomatoes, avocados, chia seeds for protein shakes, chocolate covered acacia berries, and milk bones for the dog.

top of the fridge. this is the American Idol of your kitchen. your putting it all out for the world to see. you gotta come correct. what is put on display here will instantly let the observer know just how serious you are about your diet. never trust a weightlifter who's top of their fridge is more Justin Guarini and less Kelly Clarkson. serious mass protein used for cooking pancakes, shakes, and my "power pudding",  my protein is the Thor of the kitchen. Trader Joe's whole grain O's is next. very pacific northwestern, a jar of no sugar granola I mix in my plain greek yogurt, 100% plain oatmeal, amino energy mix I drink in the morning before PT if my stomach is a little too queezy for coffee, fish oil vitamins, and behind that (not pictured) is a container of long grain rice ready for cooking.

freezer: I have the Amy's pizzas ready for cheat meals or when Im drinking and am too lazy to cook, the entire top rack all the way in the back is chicken breasts trimmed of fat and individually zip-locked. tough to see but trust me there is a shit load of frozen chicken breasts up there,gotta have those on deck. Daves Killer Bread is the best bread ever created. a little expensive but I promise you that after you eat their bread you will never go back 8g of protein per slice! below that is some frozen fish, and of course the booze. two bottles of vodka and a handle of rum that has been there untouched since our house warming party over a year ago. Rum is evil. loaded with sugar its IMO one of the worst things you could drink if you are serious about weightlifting. I drink vodka & ice water. the lowest calorie adult drink you can have while ensuring you are staying hydrated and dodging that hangover.

freezer door: top shelf is blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. also some frozen edamame, high in soy protein and highly recommended snack. bottom shelf is two things of frozen greek yogurt for my pregnant wife, sweet potato fries, and three boxes of frozen mahi-mahi and talapia. I try to alternate between fish and chicken for dinner.

fridge door: low fat cream cheese, canola oil butter, lemon and lime juice,  stone ground mustard, horseradish, low fat cheese sticks, all natural peanut butter, balsamic vingerette, all natural low sugar blueberry syrup, and more mustard in the back. bottom: gallon of skim milk, half gallon of almond milk, non fat vanilla creamer for coffee, random low sugar sauces like BBQ and teriyaki.

here is my pantry: our kitchen is pretty small so this is just above the toaster. whole grain pasta shells and noodles, no butter popcorn 100 calorie packs, Dave's Killer Bread, baking soda, whole fiber pancake ideal for using with protein pancakes,  bags of almonds, low sugar syrup, tuna packs in the far back,  second shelf: Japanese miso soup mix (ideal for broths when you cook with chicken), a box of protein bars for snacking, marshmallows....i love mallows. they are a mainstay in my house. whenever I get a sweet craving i just eat 3-4 of them and that usually curbs my craving, assorted green and black teas. top shelf: more green tea, jar of pretzels, packs of no sugar desert gum, random rices and Japanese spices. that stuff up there is mostly in Japanese so that is kinda my wife's lane.


just a look at the food in my house. maybe you got some ideas or were reminded of something you want to try. I did not take a picture of the inside of my fridge because I honestly forgot. by the time I uploaded these photos and emailed them to myself I was  just too lazy. know that its filled with talapia, checkin breasts, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, cottage cheese, other random veggies, dozens of eggs, turkey breast slices, some random beers, and 100% natural juices.



killing time in between meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment