Monday, May 11, 2015

THE JUNK FOOD AND WEIGHTLIFTING TREND.

you are the snake encircled by temptation. driven by hunger. you have 11 choices. will you succumb to the weakness of outsiders or will you follow progression true and straight?

Ok. I have been meaning to address this trend and I've seen it gaining traction on the ol' Instagram (so we know its serious) but I can ignore it no longer. It's this "candy and lifting trend". The fuck is this lame shit? bacon and bench press? donuts and deadlifts? pizza and powerlifting? sorry but I am not buying. go home.


this is a cop out. This is a meet me halfway approach to weightlifting. eating cake everyday and going to the gym 3 times a week to only do one lift is training wheels shit. that is the stuff busters who first start working out and think that only in the gym is where the muscles are made. this is bush league farm team shit. I AM NOT IMPRESSED. if that is what you think it takes to advance your physique and strength in the gym and then stay away from me because it does not. Don't cry about your gut, your lack of progress, how you cant seem to get stronger, or how you wont ever be able to look like the dudes you wanna look like if you subscribe to this lifestyle.

my buddy Eugene (IG: @thatsalotofblood) and I were ranting about this at the gym last week and we came up with our own tag line. how about this one.... "Sobriety and Booze". How does that one sound? "I love staying sober but I am dedicated to drinking hard and heavy." now all we gotta do is screen print it onto some cheap ass yoga pants and overcharge suckers. the Booze & Sobriety tag line is on the same level as donuts and deadlifts IMO. two things that absolutely contradict each other. it makes my mind hurt but also my heart. I cant comprehend a trend that is supporting one thing that so negatively affects another. unless your donuts are homemade, protein packed, whole wheat, low sugar, versions of donuts then you are wrong.

try to not throw up from how offensive this "workout" shirt is.


look, I'm no fun sponge. I like donuts. I like cake. I like pizza and I eat all of them, I dream about them, and appreciate their beauty and tastiness but I eat one or two on irregular occasions. Its not 50% of my lifestyle and its never a whole pie or a half dozen every other day. I am a firm believer in moderation because after all everything kills you. We all have our vices and we are free to choose our paths and what we carry during our journey. You can get an opinion from any professional on every possible activity or eating habit and they will wind up telling you something along the line of "its not good for you". 

Indulge in all the fun stuff you earned when you have made room for it in other parts of your lifestyle and weightlifting routine. Having pizza that night? Well hit the gym harder the next day, punish yourself. get sadistic! Then adjust what you eat the following day to make room for it. It basically the same concept behind the whole counting" if it fits your macros"  just without the hard data and food log.

Why do things that gain support always have to be rooted in some bold statement defying the proven sciences of human performance and improvement? I guess I just get disappointed because I rarely meet or see people who are just absolutely committed to the hard road. I mean balls out, glass eating, borderline psychotic into everything and anything it takes to get to the next level. The level they feel they belong and deserve. The level they want to be at. So again I come back to mediocrity and how unbelievably boring it is. oh wow, cool that you are into something that is easy and requires enough effort that anyone can do it, and has an escape clause when things get too hard practically stapled to it when its issued to you.

Let me tell you what is more impressive. What shows more commitment than some half assed mediocre "blended lifestyle"? Motherfuckers on My 600lbs Life. You wanna talk commitment? Bro its right there. These people are doing whatever it takes with complete disregard for everything that stands in their way of eating, gaining weight, and getting bigger. they are so committed to gluttony they literally have a team of people who fucking feed and bathe them when they can no longer move for free. Its so weirdly gross but at the same time its respectable. At least they are no pretending to loose weight or pretending to be concerned with their appearance or health. They are all in. Granted its the other side of the spectrum we want but still... What we want is to take the mental commitment of the 600lb woman a flip it. combine it with the motivation of a cold-hearted gainer.

COMMITMENT.



I watched this video from Vice Japan on YouTube about Tomoko Kanada not too long ago. Shes an impressive Japanese female bodybuilder who almost 50. Shes in absolutely stunning shape and she only started lifting weights in her mid 20's. The video follows her around for a day and she tells her story of how she got into bodybuilding, what her life is like, why she lifts and so on. There is a part where she is in her kitchen cooking her meals for the day and she just drops some truth on busters about eating and lifting.

"of diet, training, and rest. I think the most important is diet. many people watching this probably workout but most people don't end up looking like bodybuilders. I think that is because of diet. Diet is 80% of it."


There is the video. I recommend watching it because its motivating as fuck. Make sure to turn on the subtitles.  I realize that my videos do not post if you are reading this on a phone. I am trying to fix it but I'm not very good at computer shit so until I master it ill post the physical link as well.



Side Note: Apologize for the radio silence for the last few weeks. full time school had me by the balls and it was finals week last week so prep time for that was incredibly time consuming. I am now relieved of all school duties until the summer semester starts June 3rd. I have a lot of material already written up so im gonna hit you goons with multiple articles this week. keep checking back.

hit me up if you have any things you would like me to talk about or address. if you have any questions or comments please shoot me an email blackmetalfitness@gmail.com or find me on Instagram @thereisnogod.

"EAT TO THE POWER OF SATAN'S MIGHT."

No comments:

Post a Comment