Thursday, April 10, 2014

FEAST


before you read any further is mandatory to watch this :30 clip of Iron Mike post fight. put on your short shorts, buttchug your pre-workout and crank this shit up full volume.  GAAAAH! are you fucking kidding me? are you ready to just start moshin?! theres gonna be some hard pittin' in the gym TONIGHT!



Chipotle is the breast milk of alpha male weight lifters.

eating fucking rules. one awesome thing about being a powerlifter or heavy lifter is you generally can disregard all nutrition labels. fuck em. just like in life you gotta crush everything that stands in your way. the more you eat, the more your muscles have to work with. consume as much as possible as often as possible through out the day and you will start creating that foundation. lifting hard and not eating enough is the downfall of most people. the secret to your mass and size lies in your food. 
for many years throughout my lifting journey I robbed myself of much needed calories. I never did a bulk or any sort of diet that would increase my size. I ate really healthy and very weird compared to my peers. I had solid muscles and a good frame but I was never as big as I wanted to be. my heaviest on this diet was 205 and I thought that was as big as I would be. I accepted the fact that my metabolism is high speed and that I burned more than I could handle. turns out I was eating the right things just not eating enough of it.  

eating should feel like a chore at times. you have to do it even when you don't want to. you should have food handy at all times. you should be thinking ahead to your next meal and what it will be. I carry almonds, peanut butter, and protein bars in my car because I never know when im gonna get stuck in traffic or at work and not make it to my next planned snack/meal in two hours. "the best offense is a good defense." or some shit like that.


an example of what I eat through out the workday:

wake up: black coffee / glass of whole milk / bowl of plain oatmeal w/ blueberries

breakfast: 5 boiled eggs or 6 scrambled eggs / banana or kiwi / a sausage biscuit from BK / plain greek yogurt / natural peanut butter sandwich / cheese stick

pre workout: protein bar / almonds / sugar free energy drink

(I have started lifting on my lunch break to combat my PTSD related sleep problems. I actually highly recommend it for anyone who finds their energy levels crashing in the afternoon at work or people with difficulty sleeping at night. It has done wonders for my work production and mood.) 

post workout: protein shake / gatorade 

lunch: two chicken breasts / rice or noodles /  OR burger king 1 double cheese burger / 1 bacon cheese burger / small fries / 4 piece chicken nugget (its just over 5 bucks and has roughly 1200 calories.)

snack: glass of milk / protein bar or beef jerky / almonds OR oatmeal

dinner: usually some kind of chicken with lots of veggies (spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, red and yellow peppers) / rice or noodles 

before bed: cottage cheese / a pint or two of chocolate milk OR 3-4 boiled eggs 

that is a no shit menu for me almost daily. ask my wife our grocery shopping and bank statements are very predictable.

it does vary depending if its the weekend or if my workday is fucking crazy as hell. thats why i keep a huge tub of mass gainer and a tub of oatmeal in my office on stand by. in case I cant get away for lunch iv'e got a 1,000 calories of stuff that just needs water added and my caloric intake is met.


will you go steady with me?

this is your ball and chain. take it with you where ever you go. a water source should be on stand by at all times. i drink a gallon a day sometimes more. but no matter what I am staying hydrated throughout the day. i cant stress enough the importance of ditching sodas and juices for water. its great for your skin, gives you energy, flushes out toxins, prevents headaches, curbs bad eating habits, gives you something to do, and keeps your breath fresh. not one single bad thing was listed there. so if you aren't drinking water than thats on you brother.



tuna bro.

tuna is an awesome source of protein but doesn't have a whole lot of fat so when I eat tuna I put avocado slices on it. I have been eating tuna for 10+ years. it use to be all i ate. I have eaten enough tuna for 2 lifetimes. one time in Afghanistan we were on some crazy ass mission/movement and ate nothing but packaged tuna for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 8 straight days. woof. it was terrible. since then ive pumped the brakes on my tuna intake and usually avoid it because im mentally scared from eating so much of it. when I eat it now its sashimi style at a restaurant. then I go HAM on it. like 10 pieces at a time.


Kobayashi with them nice gains. white Obama on the right.


lamb is the preferred animal to consume for godless heathens.

the Tom Cruise of personal trainers.

I talk a lot of shit on cross fit but really its not THAT bad. done properly with good weight and a badass diet I have seen some hulk looking dudes. cross-fit is huge in the military. every goddamn officer and soldier thinks they are some kind of globo gym expert. they are taking up all the squat racks with their olympic bars loaded up with 10 25 pound plates that are designed to look like 45's. cheap move buster. I appreciate that is rooted in actual hard work and promotes vomiting. Its just such a lame gym trend and so "PG" that I find the whole cult very off putting. bitch you are not a cult. unless there is some kinda of ritualistic sacrifice or droning chant in the name of Satan involved dont cheapen the cult label. also, don't get me started on that kipping pull up. thats the biggest WTF I have ever witnessed in the gym. its almost as bad as the elliptical machine. Plus it makes people feel the need to dress up like fucking Lost Boys from Hook. bro you will never be as cool as Rufio. step off.







stay grim and hit the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment