Tuesday, April 29, 2014

FOOD CHAIN





Being on the top of the food chain affords us humans many opportunities. To me there is nothing more dominate than saying “I have made it to the top. I choose where to live, what to eat, and who to mate with.” A very simple yet powerful mindset rooted in all of us. In that regard, choosing to be a vegan or vegetarian is pretty empowering. I mean you are literally saying fuck you to planet earth. I am so dominate that I CHOOSE not to eat or use animal products. Generations of humans have worked hard to put humans on the top and now you are so far above all life that you don’t even need animals anymore. You gotta respect that even if it is not in line with the Alpha male primal focus this blog promotes.

Granted being vegan is a first world luxury and is only something that has become a feasible option in the last 100 years or so. Forgive me; I am not too familiar with the vegan movement of the Upper Paleolithic era circa 40,000 BC. You’ll be hard pressed to find a vegan in Syria. Just having the option to not eat certain foods from a moral or ethical stand point is pretty advanced. I have witnessed utter poverty first hand. Kids crapping in the front “yard” and using their left hand to wipe their ass, eating their dogs, having sex with sheep, adults using the roof of their mud hut as a bathroom so the smell lingers up and out with the wind, women fist fighting for kernels of corn etc… These people are only concerned with one thing…staying alive. They eat whatever they can, whenever they can. Fuck, they will eat you if they have to. Trying to describe veganism to an Afghan is on the same level as watching a cat with no legs bury a turd on a frozen pond.



not vegan but Paleo?




(This will become relevant momentarily, bare with me.)


Ask any number of serious weightlifters about working out and you will generally get the same response. It’s all we care about. It is life. It takes priority over everything and almost everyone. Your entire mindset forever changes. You start measuring your day in proteins and fats, when you eat next, how much sleep you will need, when you next workout is and what it will be. You wake up and your entire day is almost a ritual into your lift for the day. Things painstakingly planned out around your schedule as best as possible. You will avoid things that might impair your lift i.e. some buddies getting together to play football because you are afraid you might pull a muscle or take a hit that will affect your workout. Sounds sissy but it’s often times the case. 

Like I have said in previous posts weightlifting is sadistic. Sadism can be seen by some as selfishness. “I know what I want; I will do it to myself to get the pleasure no matter how much it hurts. I will feel no remorse for my intent.” (test boost +10 after typing that) This is why people who turn their bodies into chiseled slabs of wood are perceived as vain or shallow because it becomes the primary focus of life. Dangerous? Yes. Are there D-Bags ruining the environment and attitude of our fitness culture? HELL YES. (I will leave it to your discretion to judge if I may be one of those.) But the ultimate sadistic nature of weightlifting cannot be ignored. What I want and need take precedence over everything else. So now that I have rightfully praised the idea and principles of Veganism I can feel no guilt when stating that veganism simply just does not fit into the lifestyle of a serious weightlifter. (DISCLAIMER: nothing but extreme respect for vegans. It requires great discipline and passion to live that lifestyle. Do you.)

Weight lifting requires a fierce commitment. You have to eat and work like an animal to achieve the said “gains”. Us weightlifters do both. We eat what we have to and lift what we have to in order to be the best. If you are consciously avoiding a tool that will unlock greater strength, energy, and size for moral or ethical reasons then you are not committed to becoming a truly dominate force in the gym. You are placing others in front of yourself. While that is a very noble thing it does not allow you to be the strongest person possible. If you are set on weightlifting and being vegan more power to you (you will need all the power you can get lol) but when everyone passes you in PR’s, size, energy, and skill don’t cry. There are plenty of plants and animals out there that will be mirin’ your gains.

I won’t praise the merits of vegan weightlifting but I am not going to shit on you because you are one. It should go without saying that I would rather you be concerned with your physical fitness and well being then be a flabby, odd shaped lump. I just find it incredibly baffling that someone so concerned with their appearance and muscular development could be so defiant in the face of things proven to give you what you have been working so hard for. I see a die-hard vegan lifter and all I can think to myself is “if only this person would take the next step into the gains lifestyle. They could dominate. *Le sigh*

"YOU CAN WEIGHT LIFT AND BE VEGAN, ASSHOLE!" - trustXVXdust


As a recovering vegan I speak from experience. I was vegan and vegetarian for 6+ years. I took an activate interest in my health after 4 years worth of white bread, Clif bars, and candy. Naturally weightlifting came into play. I enjoyed working out and being vegetarian at the same time. But then a line in the sand was drawn. The Lords of Iron spoke to me in my sleep one night and said “Adam. You have come as far as you can in your journey of gains. You must give yourself fully to us or be condemned to a life of mediocre muscle gains and size small t shirts.” I was awakened. That very night I was baptized into the Brotherhood of Protein. I gave myself fully to the almighty. HE HAS RISEN! I ate all the eggs and sushi in sight and never looked back. In 5 years time I went from 175lbs to 225lbs.

that moment when a "Fence Walker" makes the commitment to get huge.

Eating well and lifting hard. COMMIT TO BOTH. That’s what we do. Doing one or the other is called “Fence Walking” and will only get your ego jerked off for a few months. People will notice the changes in you and compliment you. They will be impressed and may even find themselves with muscle envy. You must strike quick once this phase has begun. You cannot linger in this here for too long. Granted there is a larger window in this phase for idling then others down the road but you want to move up in the long run. Rule of thumb: a year is usually the limit in this phase because after a while you will plateau and people will stop noticing your gains. You will drift into the “oh yeah that guy works out” zone instead of the “that dudes a fucking beast” zone. The “oh yeah that guy works out” zone is something to be avoided AT ALL COSTS! It is the Friendzone of weightlifting.

Are you ready to do whatever it takes to build yourself to be the biggest, baddest, strongest mother fucker in the gym? I know you are. You have made it this far. Then fuck your morals and ethics. Consume. Build. Annihilate. Enjoy your life on the top of the food chain. Pay respect to your ancestors by graciously consuming what they worked so hard to provide. Don’t let anything stand in your way of becoming what you want.

     
S`*CK IT!
 
 

STAY GRIM AND HIT THE GYM

No comments:

Post a Comment